How Will I Feel After Breast Implant Surgery?
A popular question among patients who are contemplating or have already signed all the paperwork and set their surgery date for breast augmentation is: how will I feel after breast implant surgery? If this is your first cosmetic procedure or your first surgery ever, then it is natural to wonder how you will feel after undergoing a breast implant procedure.
The truth is, there is modern technology out there that allows women to undergo breast augmentation with little to no pain at all. The procedure is called painless breast implants and is offered by Dr. Wigoda in the Miami and Fort Lauderdale area. New technology has made breast implant procedures simpler and timelier, allowing the patient to suffer less stress when waking from the surgery. Although painless breast implants do not promise a truly painless experience, patients can rest assured that the procedure is 100% tolerable and pain is manageable.
Dr. Wigoda and staff have outlined the following on how patients can expect to feel after breast implant surgery in Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
Immediately After Breast Implant Surgery:
- Immediately after surgery you will feel tired, a little sore, and a small number of patients feel nauseous. This feeling passes quickly after sufficient rest during the immediate 24 hours after breast augmentation.
- You will be kept in the recovery area until you are coherent enough to make your way home safely, with an escort driver. For most patients, this is about an hour to an hour and a half.
- Your mouth will be dry and you will feel the effects of the anesthesia wearing off. It is normal to feel groggy and a little tired.
- It will feel as though you have a lot of pressure on your chest. After breast implant surgery, your chest and skin will be adjusting to the added weight and stretching. This is a normal feeling and it will pass as you become accustomed to your new breasts.
Days After Breast Implant Surgery:
- There will be a tightness and slight discomfort for a short period of time after breast implant surgery. Painless breast implants and the surgery offered by Dr. Paul Wigoda may lessen that initial pain.
- You will be able to return to your usual activities as time passes. Certain routines have to be put on hold, such as the gym. Be sure to discuss specifics with Dr. Wigoda in regards to when you can start exercising and conducting light activities.
- Remember that after undergoing a breast implant procedure, your body will be in recovery. Your breasts won’t have that permanent, fantastic look until after all the swelling has gone down, so it is extremely important to be patient during the recovery process.
- Dr. Wigoda recommends that patients relax, not try to jump into strenuous activities, and not jump to conclusions on the immediate look of their breast implants. You will feel an increase in self-confidence and you should focus on enjoying your new look rather than worrying.
- If you feel moody, upset, or have a bad case of the blues after surgery, try getting out of the house and getting some fresh air. Some patients who spend too much time at home days after surgery might feel a bit down in the dumps about the recovery aspect of surgery. It is great to go for a walk or do dinner and a movie with friends. Show off your new look!
Dr. Paul Wigoda has 17 years of experience in the field of plastic surgery and has performed breast augmentations on famous radio personalities as well as Miami Dolphins cheerleaders. His technique for providing painless breast implants is sought after by many women in both Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Contact Dr. Wigoda for a free consultation at (954) 463-7088.