If you ever wished that you could “renew” your complexion to make it smoother and more even-tone, laser resurfacing may be a good option for you. Cosmetic laser resurfacing, also called “laser peel”, is a procedure that smoothes the facial skin by using a laser to refinish damaged areas and shrink fine wrinkles. It also corrects areas of uneven pigmentation. The result is a fresher, smoother complexion.
How Is A Laser Resurfacing Performed?
In laser resurfacing, a beam of laser energy is used to vaporize the upper layers of damaged skin with accurate precision. As new cells form during the healing process, a smoother, tighter, younger-looking skin surface appears.
You may be a good candidate for laser resurfacing if you have any of the following conditions:
- Fine lines, especially around the eyes
- Vertical lines around the mouth
- Facial scars caused by injury or accident
- Scars caused by acne
- Areas of uneven pigmentation, such as “age spots”
- Line on the cheeks caused by sun damaged.